By US Daily ReviewStaff.
It’s that time of year when we are supposed to pause and be joyful, and celebrate with our family and friends. Whether it’s during a holiday dinner, or at an office party, or over hot cocoa on a Sunday afternoon, we want to eat, drink and be merry and gift giving is a part of the tradition. While we are certainly not master shoppers or fashionistas, we do have two basic gift rules that we ask everyone to follow: watch the cost and look for products made inAmerica.
We always want to acknowledge our loved ones but we refuse to buy multiple gifts per person because we believe one or two gifts are enough. We are still in a recession, and even if we were not, there’s no good reason to buy a pile of cheap items instead of one or two quality gifts. So, we looked around for and found great gifts ideas that are at every different price point and all made right here in the USA (listed in no particularorder!).
- (Hot) chocolate on a stick – made in San Francisco http://store.theticketkitchen.com/salted-caramel-1/belgian-milk-chocolate-service-for-4.html
- Soapstone “ice” cubes used to chill not dilute – milled and crafted in Vermont http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/whiskey-stones-gift-set
- A lot of different items on sale from the “Main Street Revolution” on Overstock.com – a clever way to promote US made items on a popular discount site http://www.overstock.com/Main-Street-Revolution/39/store.html
- New Balance sneakers – mostly made in the USA (you need to read the fine print). They are making an effort http://www.newbalance.com/
- For the best woolen blankets and throws, period. Pendleton, made in Utah http://www.pendleton-usa.com/category/Home-Blankets/Throws/1822/pc/1816.uts
- The All American Clothing Company – need we say more? http://www.allamericanclothing.com/made-in-usa/index.html
- Fine outdoor wear for men from Orvis http://www.orvis.com/store/shop.aspx?dir_id=885&group_id=22497&shop_id=22929
- American Apparel is made in Los Angeles in their “sweatshop free” factory http://www.americanapparel.net/contact/profile.html
- Clothes for baby and mom made from bamboo (china sourced raw material but they tell a good story about that) made in South Carolina http://www.bamboosa.com/index.php
- Find an accessory for virtually any teenager https://kieljamespatrick.com/index.php/about
Write a comment below if you have some good sources for made in America gifts that we missed. We’d like to learn about yourfavorites!