By Kellogg Company, Special for USDR
Pop-Tarts® knows that the 2016 election will spotlight the issues that matter most, so they teamed up with tastemakers at Spoon University to uncover trends across the nation. From flavor favorites to the debate to toast or not, teens and young adults are ready to Pop the Vote.
Pop-Tarts has long been tempting fans’ taste buds with more than 22 varieties to choose from. Most people know Frosted Strawberry and Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon won’t let them down, but what about all the other mouthwatering options available – like the classic Chocolate Chip combination, to gooey Cinnamon Roll, and even sweet and tangy Frosted Watermelon. Which flavor will you venture to try next?
“We know that everyone has a go-to Pop-Tarts flavor – some may be Confetti Cupcake fanatics while others are trying to convince their friends to give the new Chocolatey Caramel a shot,” said Aleta Chase, director of marketing for Pop-Tarts. “We were curious to see how much fans know about the variety of our flavors available in the midst of election season.”
Check out additional findings from the Pop-Tarts and Spoon University survey:
- Young adults may not agree on the best social media platform (Insta is the favorite!), but all Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and SnapChat lovers tap “like” on Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon over any other flavor
- While the majority of ladies on college campuses vote hands down that Frosted S’mores is the leading Pop-Tarts flavor candidate, it’s the sweetly satisfying Frosted Strawberry that has the fellas’ vote
- Music taste plays a key indicator in snacking preferences – country and EDM concert-goers find common ground in favoring Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon
- Hot Fudge Sundae ranks fourth among pop, EDM, hip-hop AND rock music-lovers
Follow the #PoptheVote2016 conversation and head toPoptheVote2016.com to make sure your favorite flavor is electedPop-Tarts President.
- Click to Tweet: Ladies on college campuses vote Pop-Tarts S’mores, gents vote Strawberry. On the fence? PoptheVote2016.com now! #PoptheVote2016
- Click to Tweet: For the love of your country, and for the love of @PopTarts411, vote for your Pop-Tarts Prez at PoptheVote2016.com! #PoptheVote2016
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to make foods people love. This includes our beloved brands – Kellogg’s®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – that nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world’s leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Through our Breakfasts for Better DaysTM global hunger initiative, we’ve provided more than 1.4 billion servings of cereal and snacks to children and families in need around the world. To learn more, visitwww.kelloggcompany.com or follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on Social K.
SOURCE Kellogg Company