Final preparations are underway for the 2016 Boao Forum for Asia (BFA), which is being held from March 22-25 in Boao, Hainan Province, China. The theme of this year’s forum is “The new future of Asia: new dynamics and new vision,” with “new future” referring to the continuation of the key points of the two previous annual conferences.
In the context of fundamental changes in the world economy, Asia and emerging economies have found themselves in completely different internal and external environments, which challenge their innovation-driven development endeavors and governance models. How Asian economies will steer their economic restructuring, strengthen regional economic connectivity and cooperation, and improve infrastructure investments and technological innovation capabilities will attract international attention and dominate the discussions at the 2016
Due to the international financial crisis, many countries are experiencing major problems such as high unemployment rates, poor financial situations and overpopulation, which restrict consumption and dampen investment demand, which results in alack of support for global trade.
Trade is the high–speed engine for global growth, but has fallen to half of global economic growth for the first time. Affected by the downturn in oil prices, the prospect of a once thriving new energy industry is also bleak. How to inject new vitality into the world economy and cultivate new growth points will be the top priority at BFA 2016.
Topics for this session will cover the macro economy, political affairs, entrepreneurship and innovation, internet plus, people’s livelihood, culture, sports, religious civilization and other hot topics. The newly–established 12 entrepreneurs’ dialogues will focus on cutting-edge technology, advanced manufacturing, emerging industries and 12 other areas.
During the annual meeting, hundreds of Asia-Pacific political and commercial leaders will discuss the future of the global economy. Co-organized by Huanqiu.com and PR Newswire, and in cooperation with the Global Times, speakers will integrate the advantages of media resources to share their thoughts on the global economic situation, scientific and technological trends and the concept of innovation within their respective
A list of honorable participants been invited to this activity; they are:
- Mr. Lei Zhao, Professor of the Party School of the Central Committee of the CPC (The Central Party School)
- Mr. Huiyao Wang, President of Center for China & Globalization (CCG)
- Mr. Boqing Wang, Distinguished Professor of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
- Mr. Chad Wang, Professor of the University of International Business and Economics
- Mr. Qinghui Song, Independent Economist
- Mr. XiaoTang Li, Independent Economist
- Mr. Jie He, CEO of souyidai.com
- Mr. Yunsong Huang, CEO of QingCloud
- Mr. Hongsen Yang, General Manager of Xinhua Zhejiang Bulk Commodity Exchange Center
- Mr. Rui Li, CEO of wangjiu.com
- Mr. Yang Fan, CEO of iqianjin.com
- Mr. Ethan Zhu, CEO of Powershare Co. Ltd.
- Mr. Ting Chen, CEO of Mindai.com
- Mr. Hua Yang, CEO of Hang Zhou Westyou Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Ms. Dan Lin, Founder of Beijing YOURBAY Growth Technology Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Kun Zhao, Founder of Aidebar Inc.
- Mr. Song Li, CEO of Zhenai.com
- Mr. Tie Li, CEO of HNA Tourism
- Ms. Jian Li, CEO of Five-star Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Mr. Huiyong Yu, Chairman of the Board of Shenzhen Baiguoyuan Business Co., Ltd., and
- Dr. Xiaowen Hong, Chairman of Microsoft Asia Pacific R & D group and President of Microsoft Asia Research Institute.
Professor Lei Zhao, International Institute for Strategic Studies, Party School of the Central Committee of the CPC (The Central Party School) said that Asia is the most dynamic region in the world, but there are still pain points, such as a lack of links and connections. Through the five-link construction of “the Belt and Road”, Asia will have prospects for better integration, but today“the Belt and Road” needs more landmark projects, needs to achieve a combination of hard and soft links, and needs to solve the problem of ‘trust scarcity’ with heart to heart
Mr. Jie He, CEO of souyidai.com, believes that Internet finance is the way forward for development in China and is constantly improving the quality of life of the people. It will be another important field in which the Chinese Internet industry leads in the world, and it is a historical opportunity for the development of new finance in China.
The General Manager of Xinhua Zhejiang Bulk Commodity Exchange Center, Hongsen Yang, said that as the prices of international commodities enter a new cycle, China’s supply-side reforms, free trade policy, financial reforms, “the Belt and Road” strategy, the establisgment of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and other policies will increase China’s influence over international commodity pricing mechanisms, and reconstruct
Vice Chairman of LETV Internet Information & Technology Corp Ltd, and CEO of wangjiu.com, Rui Li is more concerned about the future development direction of traditional industries. He believes that traditional industry is not simply Internet–based, but also needs to be ecological. Under the ecological system, people-oriented management and operation is the real source of anenterprise’s new vitality and
The CEO of iqianjin.com, Mr. Fan Yang, cares more about the risk–controlling problem. He believes that a truly great enterprise must have a long-lasting “city moat” to give it a high rate of capital investment. As for Internet finance, the city moat refers tousing the data and technology to deform the most essential aspect of finance – risk
Chad Wang, Professor of the University of International Business and Economics believes that the Chinese Central Government is able to boost the sustainable and stable development of China’s economy and that China’s economic performance will be stronger than expected in the second and third quarter of 2016.
To find out more about the 2016 Boao Forum for Asia, visit http://boao.huanqiu.com/2016/