During this limited time event, some of the beloved stories from Pixar Animation Studios will come to life in new ways at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks, with characters and experiences from films such as Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up.” Guests will join the fun as they experience a new fireworks spectacular, the return of two favorite parades with fresh new Pixar surprises, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, creatively themed food and beverage and exclusive event merchandise.
A new fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular,” will celebrate Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky over Disneyland, connecting guests with characters they’ve come to know and love. Along with dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heartwarming story celebrates the theme of friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation. Guests are invited to embark on an emotional journey that begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear.
For the first time, “Pixar Play Parade” will make its way through Disneyland Park this spring, and it’s being led by someone new. The parade will begin just as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by Pixar’s iconic lamp from the short film “Luxo Jr.” Other new parade elements will welcome characters from “Up” and “Inside Out.”
Also on April 13, the guest-favorite “Paint the Night” parade returns, and this time the parade’s 1.5 million, brilliant LED lights and catchy tunes come to Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” And another beloved Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” later in the year, adding to this guest-favorite experience.
A collection of Pixar Shorts will be featured at the Sunset Showcase Theater at Disney California Adventure during most of Pixar Fest, including favorites such as “For the Birds” and “LAVA.” The short films will rotate during the celebration.
A musical troupe will entertain guests with Pixar-inspired performances in the Paradise Gardens area of Disney California Adventure. Guests may also discover opportunities to greet Pixar characters, and younger guests will enjoy crafts and an activity area.
For those who wish to get into character and celebrate friendship, an exclusive Pixar Fest charm bracelet will be part of the merchandise selection. With multiple bracelet options and a variety of charms with fun friendship messages and Pixar characters, guests can mix and match for themselves, or friends and family.
A celebration of friendship this big is only complete with beloved characters like Buzz, Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Mike and Sulley from “Monsters, Inc.,” Nemo and Dory from “Finding Nemo,” and Lightning McQueen and Mater from “Cars.” Those pals – and more – will be part of the fun at Pixar Fest.
All these exciting changes add to the existing attractions and entertainment in the parks that feature many favorite Pixar characters.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
At Disney California Adventure
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “a bug’s land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- “World of Color”: Characters from “Finding Nemo,” “WALL-E,” “Toy Story,” “Up” and “a bug’s life” appear in this nighttime water spectacular which combines animation, music, lights and color with more than 1,200 fountains.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land invites guests to move to the music.
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort’s hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with its “day-at-the-beach” theme. For information on attractions and vacations at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents. Located in Anaheim, Calif., the Disneyland Resort opened July 17, 1955. Open daily, year-round.
About Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” and “Inside Out.” Its movies have won 32 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $10 billion at the worldwide box office to date. “Coco,” Pixar’s 19th feature, opens in theaters on November 22, 2017.
SOURCE Disneyland Resort