A dissertation is the most important writing assignment, which students get at university. It is that type of assignment, which has to be taken seriously if you want to get a diploma. Today, we’re going to discuss the steps, which will help you to write your dissertation fast without losing the quality of it. The following tips will help you to make your writing process less stressful, explaining how to get through it easier.
Of course, writing a dissertation in 72 hours is a real nightmare for any student. So, we highly recommend starting early. But if you’re already in a situation when your writing has to be finished in 3 days, you have two options. You can either find a dissertation proposal writing services or to compose it by yourself following our tips. The choice is up to you. In case you’re ready to devote the next 72 hours to writing only, let’s get started. We have a lot of information to share, and you have a lot of work to do.
Tips on Writing a Dissertation Fast
So, what should you do if you haven’t written even one single word, but you need to get your dissertation done in 3 days only? First of all, calm down and relax as much as possible. Irritation and stress are the biggest enemies of writing. It is okay if you’re not really inspired to write your dissertation. All you need right now is patience and concentration. So, postpone any less important activities, prepare the materials and the topic you have, and let’s get started.
- Reread your topic for a couple of times, trying to understand the subject and the goals of it. Even if you know very little about it, try to get excited about the work you’re going to do. It is very important to enjoy researching the topic even if you don’t like it at all. This will trigger your mind to work better and faster. Think about how this topic can relate to you personally. What are your own thoughts about it?
- Then, start planning. Planning everything is very important, even if you have 72 hours only. Map out your dissertation section by section and chapter by chapter. Create a plan, which is convenient for you particularly. It may be a list, a layout, a table, etc. Just make sure you follow it while writing a dissertation. It will be a skeleton for your writing not allowing you to miss something important. Without a plan your work will fall apart.
- Don’t take long breaks. Of course, you can’t write 72 hours without even the smallest breaks to sleep and eat. But try not to do too long breaks and make sure you have all needed stuff around you. Prepare food in advance.
- If you won’t be very productive during a daytime, you’ll need to work at night. So, prepare yourself for this. Think about what won’t make you fall asleep in the middle of the writing process. But be careful, too much caffeine is not good for your health. Maybe you can sleep a little bit more during a daytime to work harder at night.
- Use the Internet. With the deadline of 72 hours you won’t be able to get all needed information in the library. So, look for the books online. Find web versions of those printed sources that can be useful for your work. But what we recommend is to prepare at least the literature and the background information for your dissertation in advance. It is extremely difficult to do both a good research and a good content within 72 hours.
- Brainstorming is not an option, but an obligatory thing in your situation. Write down every idea you have about the topic. Then, filter those ideas and compose them in a logical way. The more you write at this stage of work the easier writing will be.
So, these are the main elements of writing a dissertation really fast. All you have to do is to follow them, adding up the information you’ll find and the research you’ll do. But as we have already mentioned, leaving your dissertation for the last moment is not an ideal option for those who can’t devote 72 hours to a writing process only.