By Allied Universal, Special for USDR
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America, and partner Knightscope, Inc., a developer of advanced physical security technologies focused on significantly enhancing U.S. security operations, will demonstrate robots in action at the BOMA International Conference &Expo.
Officially called Autonomous Data Machines (ADMs), a K5 model will provide security during the conference alongside Allied Universal’s uniformed security professionals, while a K3 model will be on display in Allied Universal’s booth #802.
“The Knightscope K5 and K3 Autonomous Data Machines are groundbreaking in advanced anomaly detection and may be used in many industries and environments,” said Steve Jones, CEO, Allied Universal. “These robots are best equipped to work in routine and sometimes hazardous situations, therein freeing up security personnel to handle more interactive and strategic activities. We are thrilled to partner with Knightscope to showcase this dynamic technology for BOMA attendees.”
The ADMs, along with Allied Universal’s other technology offerings, will create a paradigm shift in the way the company’s customers do business. Some of the ADMs’ features and capabilities include:
- 360-degree video that provides complete awareness and feeds to a security operations center
- Thermal imaging for identifying fires and gauging proper environmental temperature settings
- License plate recognition, which is an example of a computational task that may include data collection in a large parking facility
- Intercom and broadcast capability that can be programmed to relay messages or alert security personnel to immediately dispatch law enforcement
The K3 and K5 ADMs are designed and built in Silicon Valley by Knightscope, and are available to Allied Universal clients nationwide. Deployments have commenced in California, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New York and Texas. Allied Universal, a BOMA Cornerstone partner, will also present two educational sessions at the show, including:
- If You Build it Right, They Will Come: Training Your Property Staff. Two 30-minute power sessions—Sun., June 25 at 10:45 a.m. and repeated at 11:30 a.m. in Room 202B
- High Performance Buildings: How to Manage Today with Fewer Resources, an Integrated Security/Technology Showcase on the show floor—Mon., June 26 at 11:00 a.m. in Exhibit Hall BC, Room 1. This presentation will feature the ADM technology and how the commercial real estate industry can benefit by its use.
To learn about how Allied Universal serves the commercial real estate industry, visit at this link.
About Allied Universal
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you. For more information, please visit www.AUS.com.
About Knightscope, Inc.
Knightscope, Inc. is an advanced security technology company that utilizes Software + Hardware + Humans to provide its clients with new groundbreaking anomaly detection capabilities. In an increasingly volatile world, we are developing one of the most important technologies to come out of Silicon Valley that will empower the public and private sectors to proactively build stronger, safer communities, ultimately saving money and lives. Crime has a $1 trillion negative economic impact on the U.S. every single year and our long-term mission is to cut it in half. Learn more at www.knightscope.com.
SOURCE Allied Universal