By Family Features Editorial Syndicate, Special for USDR
This year, skip the overloaded oven and put your slow cooker to good use with these seven recipes. Classic sides and desserts can be slow-cooked to perfection, delivering the nostalgic flavors and aromas of your childhood Thanksgiving with less fuss.
1. Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing – Italian sausage, sage and rosemary combine in the slow cooker with French bread for a flavorful, aromatic stuffing.
2. Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows – A clever version of a beloved favorite. Cook sweet potatoes in the slow cooker with cinnamon and nutmeg then mash and top with mini marshmallows.
3. Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce – Made with just five ingredients, a slow cooker full of cranberries is infused with sugar, cinnamon, bay leaves and an orange.
4. Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Ricotta, Rosemary and Bacon – This hearty side combines sweet corn, rich ricotta cheese and bacon with a blend of rosemary, thyme, paprika and onion powder. Add a touch of cayenne pepper for a kick of heat.
5. Slow Cooker Chocolate Pecan Pie Cake – Chocolate cake, infused with cinnamon and vanilla, provides the base for a sweet and crunchy pecan pie topping. Top it with ice cream for some melty goodness.
6. Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce – Chocolate chip pumpkin-spiced cake is topped with a sticky caramel sauce for an ooey-gooey, decadent dessert.
7. Slow Cooker Oatmeal Apple Cobbler – Celebrate the flavors of the season with fresh apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats, creating a nostalgic cobbler right from the slow cooker.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
Established in 1974, Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for print and online publications. Our articles, photos, videos and web content solutions save you time, money and help create advertising opportunities. Registration is fast and free – with absolutely no obligation. Visit editors.familyfeatures.com for more information.
SOURCE Family Features Editorial Syndicate