By GOBankingRates, Special for USDR
In light of one of the biggest sporting events of the year, GOBankingRates asked Americans across the country: What would you sacrifice to see your team win the Super Bowl?
Respondents could select from the following four answer choices.
- Give up your vacation days for one year
- Give up your annual bonus
- Give up your 401k
- Give up the total amount in your savings account
The result? 52% of respondents said they would give up an entire year’s worth of vacation days in order to secure a win for their favorite team in this year’s Super Bowl.
For more information, including insights into gender and age, visit: https://www.gobankingrates.com/personal-finance/would-give-up-see-team-win-super-bowl/
- 1 in 3 respondents said they would give up their annual bonuses to see their team win, the second most popular choice among all age groups
- Perhaps surprisingly to some, more female respondents (57%) were willing to sacrifice a year’s worth of vacation days over men (48%)
- Zero percent of those aged 35 years and above said they would scrap their 401k savings, compared to 12% of those ages 18-24
- While women might be more comfortable giving up vacation days, they were 9% less likely than men to give up an annual bonus for a Super Bowl win
GOBankingRates.com is a personal finance news and features website dedicated to helping visitors live a richer life. From tips on saving money, to investing for retirement or finding a good interest rate, GOBankingRates helps turn financial goals into milestones and money dreams into realities. Its content is regularly featured on top-tier media outlets including MSN, MONEY, AOL Finance, CBS MoneyWatch, Business Insider and dozens of others. GOBankingRates specializes in connecting consumers with the financial institutions and products that best match their needs. Start your journey toward a rich mind and full wallet with us here.