MP4 files are generally quite large in size. Moreover, compressing them is a huge and difficult task, which poses a lot of problems for users who try to do so. In addition to taking up a lot of space on hard drives, MP4 files also cannot be saved on different devices. Therefore, to compress MP4 files, a user needs to have a quick and easy solution.
There are a lot of ways wherein users can compress MP4 files easily. One such way to compress MP4 is by using the Wondershare UniConverter. It is an all-in-one video compressor which can easily compress you MP4 videos and make them smaller without compromising with the quality of the video.
Some of the best ways to compress MP4 files are as follows:
- Compress MP4 with Wondershare UniConverter:
The Wondershare UniConverter is a popular MP4 video compressor, and can easily reduce your large MP4 files within a few seconds. Moreover, you can be rest assured that with this program, your resized video will retain its original quality. You can also trim, crop, add effects as well as subtitles on your video with this program. To compress MP4 with the Wondershare UniConverter, you need to:
- Download and install Wondershare UniConverter on your Windows or Mac PC.
- Launch the program on your computer.
- Go to the Toolbox section.
- Select “Video Compress” from the available choices on the dropdown menu.
- On the new window that appears, click on + to select an MP4 video.
- You will get the “Added video information” on the top panel.
- Adjust the video format, file size, bit rate, resolution and other features on the progress bar according to your requirements.
- Click on “Preview” for checking the video quality.
- Then, click on “Compress.”
You will then receive your compressed MP4 video. This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to compress MP4 files without changing their quality.
- How to compress MP4 files online:
For an easy way to compress MP4 files online without the need for the download or installation of software, you can use the Online UniConverter, which was formerly known as Media.io. It is an online video compressor and converter which can help you compress MP4 file size by converting the formats, changing the resolution of the video as well as customizing the file size without adding any watermarks or ads. To compress MP4 in this way, you need to:
- Go to Online UniConverter in your web browser.
- When the interface to “Add Videos” appears, click on the + icon.
- Then, add your chosen MP4 file.
- Change the resolution, output size and output format according to your liking.
- Click on “Compress” to compress MP4 files quickly and easily.
Then, once the compression is completed, you can download your resized files by clicking on the “Download” button.
- Compress MP4 for free:
In order to compress MP4 for free, you can also use the Wondershare Free Video Converter, which is a free version of the Wondershare UniConverter. Having an almost identical interface and function like the full version of the program, this free version supports more than 1000 video as well as audio formats and helps you compress MP4 files without any compromise on the video quality. It also lets you change other features of the video, like the resolution, file size, format and others.