By US Daily Review Staff.
Although National Financial Literacy Month is coming to a close, it’s important to remember that taking steps to learn about financial matters is not a seasonal activity. Any day is a good day to begin the path toward financial wellness.
Don’t let another year pass! Take the pledge today, and begin taking steps to gain the knowledge and skills needed to reach financial success. The following five steps will help you begin your journey toward financial wellness:
- Make a commitment. Changing your relationship with money is not an easy task; it takes hard work and a strong commitment. Visit FinancialLiteracyMonth.com and take the pledge to take the necessary steps toward financial security.
- Assess your financial situation. This simple quiz can help give you a better understanding of your current financial position. Knowing where you are today will help you determine the best path toward a brighter tomorrow.
- Get organized. Organizing your financial house will help clear your path toward financial wellness.
- Set priorities. Understanding the difference between needs and wants will help you establish financial priorities and set realistic goals.
- Live on a budget. Spending less than you earn is easier said than done, but developing and maintaining a solid budget is the most important element of any successful financial plan.
“Changing your financial habits and your relationship with money can be hard work, but the payoff is priceless,” said Jo Kerstetter, vice president of education for Money Management International. “The important thing to remember while on your journey to financial freedom is to stay flexible. Revisit your financial plan often and make changes as needed.”