By Corey Stulce, Special for USDR
Just in time for holiday gift idea articles, and Best of 2016 coverage, it’s “The Union of the State,” the exhaustive history of one of the greatest sketch comedy troupes of all time, by author Corey Stulce. The book is available in hardcover, softcover and exclusively as an ebook on Amazon.
The State consists of a who’s who or the “I know those guys!” of the comedy world including:
- Thomas Lennon (Felix on CBS’ hit “The Odd Couple” revival)
- David Wain (director of “Wet Hot American Summer”)
- Michael Ian Black (co-star of Comedy Central’s “Another Period”)
- Michael Showalter (star of Netflix’s “Wet Hot American Summer”)
- Joe Lo Truglio (co-star of Fox’s “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”)
- Michael Patrick Jann (director, “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”)
- Kerri Kenney-Silver (co-creator and star of “Reno 911!”)
- Todd Holoubek (“Reno 911! Miami“)
- Ken Marino (“Children’s Hospital”)
- Kevin Allison (creator of “RISK!”)
- Robert Ben Garant (executive producer and director of “Bajillion Dollar Propertie$”)
“This book recalls beginnings, the end, and the ups-and-downs of The State far, far better than I do,” said Robert Ben Garant.
The 600-page book, packed with rare photos, chronicles The State from meeting at NYU in the late 1980s, to a hit show on MTV in the ’90s, into their break-up, and eventual reunion. Also included are histories of many State member projects like “Wet Hot American Summer” and “Reno 911!”
“This book would make a great stocking stuffer for anyone on your list! As long as your stockings are freakishly large. And sturdy. And the person you’re giving it to can read words and stuff,” says Kerri Kenney-Silver.
Told by The State via hundreds of exclusive interviews, it’s a must-have for fans of comedy. Oral history connoisseurs haven’t seen a book this detailed and revealing since the inside scoop of “Saturday Night Live.”
“It’s jam-packed with stories about the jokes, friendships and behind-the-scenes madness that gave the group such a one-of-a-kind chemistry. For fans, it’s a treasure trove,” Kevin Allison added.
Members of The State and the author are available for interviews. Author Corey Stulce is also planning a documentary based on “The Union of The State” in time for the troupe’s 30th anniversary in 2018. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Corey Stulce