Wallyhoo, Inc. is proud to announce the release of Backseat Wally™, a secure padded barrier that provides physical and visual separation between young passengers during car rides. This patented, first-of-its-kind product offers a solution for the growing epidemic of distracted driving.
Researchers at Monash University have found that during a 16-minute car trip, parents spend about 20% of their time attending to children in the back seat instead of watching the road, and that children are 12 times more distracting to a driver than talking on a cell phone. When there’s conflict between these young passengers, the situation worsens.
Company co-founders Scott Cahall and Bob Kiesow explain they developed Backseat Wally to help parents of young children cope with a difficult situation that happens every day. As fathers who have been there, they saw the need for a simple, immediate solution that reduces driver distraction and makes car rides less stressful for everyone.
ABOUT BACKSEAT WALLY:
- Fast and secure installation in the center rear seat using only existing safety belt. No tools or additional parts required.
- Dense foam cushion is exceptionally strong but very light, so it can be moved in and out of the car easily, while a non-slip, rubberized fabric at key contact points gives Backseat Wally a firm hold on both the seat and the safety belt.
- Available in six stylish colors to complement the interior of any vehicle and made of premium stain-resistant fabric that is easily cleaned.
- Universal design works with sedans, SUVs, wagons, etc.
- Convenient storage pockets for both kids.
Backseat Wally is proudly made in the USA. As part of the company’s commitment to healthy families, a portion of each sale will support Golisano Children’s Hospital.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Wallyhoo is a product development company that helps busy families overcome everyday challenges. Our flagship product, Backseat Wally, addresses the growing epidemic of distracted driving.