We all want to make some extra money on the side without having to put in a lot of effort. One of the newest but most profitable side hustles to consider is Airbnb. If you have a nice place in a good area of your city and you are out of the house most of the time, you should consider getting into this new type of business. Here are some things to think about before you decide if Airbnb is right for you.
- Have good home insurance: Even if you are not renting your house out to others, having a good insurance policy for your house is completely necessary. This will help take the stress out of any situation that could affect your house or belongings. If you do decide to rent, keep in mind that you will be allowing strangers to have access to your residence, so it is smart to be protected against any kind of damage or loss to your property. For those that are considering renting out their apartment, renters insurance is definitely something you should look into.
- Remove valuable things from common areas: Whether you rent your full house or just a room, keeping the area free of any kind of valuable items is a must. There is no reason to tempt people to do the wrong thing, like accidentally taking something by “mistake.” You don’t really want to pass thru that dilemma, even if you can solve or clarify it.
- Keep the place immaculate: One major thing that contributes to a good rating when you rent your place, is the cleanliness of it. It’s simple but yet, often overlooked. If you take care of your house in a meticulous way, then you will have a great rating among Airbnb users. Renovations, preventive maintenance and continuous cleaning will make more people want to stay with you, allow you to increase your price and attract the right type of clients.
- Check the rating of your guests: Even though you have the protection of a reliable company and your own home insurance, it is very important that you check into who will be staying at your place. Fortunately, Airbnb provides you with information about your guests, such as where are they from, their ages and other general info. The service also provides you with information about their past behavior in other residences written by the owners themselves. These details will give you the opportunity to choose who you are welcoming and who you rather keep outside of your door!
- Offer personalized service and customer care: Another important rating point in this platform is the personal service you provide. A lot of users could easily choose a nice hotel with great service but instead, they are giving you the opportunity to have their business. If you rent your whole house or just a part of it, likely, it means that you are not there very often. However, it is still very important for you to be attentive to your guests, both, to prevent issues and to make them feel comfortable and cared for. Fortunately, there are some companies that offer airbnb hosting services and can help you when you don’t have the time to take care of all these details. They are a great option if you are traveling or simply don’t have the time to check on your guests. A small investment on your part, can make you a highly rated and super profitable host!