INTERVIEW ON THE PRICE OF BUSINESS SHOW, MEDIA PARTNER OF THIS SITE.
Recently Kevin Price, Host of the nationally syndicated Price of Business Show, interviewed John Shoffner.
Price visited with astronaut John Shoffner.
Astronaut, STEAM advocate, and business pioneer John Shoffner served as Pilot on Axiom Space Ax-2 mission to the International Space Station (ISS). Throughout the duration of his mission, he hosted live events with schools around the world, captured educational videos to excite the next generation of space enthusiasts, facilitated an International Art and Poetry contest that garnered over 930 entries from 26 countries, and participated in skinsuit testing in partnership with MIT that will shape the future of space exploration.
Today, Shoffner aims to showcase the value that space commercialization brings to Earth. With his mission behind him and ambition to support the growth of STEAM education across Appalachia, Shoffner is investing one million dollars in the establishment of the Perseid Foundation, which will include STEM-accreditation, mentorship, programming, and a specialized learning lab in Middlesboro, Kentucky schools in partnership with Crayola, MIT, Verizon and more.
- John was born in Alaska and is the first person from Alaska to go to space
- He is the 598th person to orbit the earth (astronauts are assigned numbers)
- This was the first commercial mission with both private and government-sponsored astronauts
- John flew with Axiom Space aboard a SpaceX capsule
- This was John’s first time in space. He received the key to the first ever city of Middlesboro, KY (where he was raised) on June 29
Learn more at perseidfoundation.org.
LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW IN ITS ENTIRETY HERE:
The Price of Business is one of the longest running shows of its kind in the country and is in markets coast to coast. The Host, Kevin Price, is a multi-award winning author, broadcast journalist, and syndicated columnist. Learn more about the show and its digital partners at www.PriceofBusiness.com (scroll down to the bottom of the page).