By Sheryl Devereaux, Contributor, US Daily Review
This article exposes the agenda of a new video, which have been inconspicuously masked using innocent classroom children to promote its paradigms and plans. It is produced by MoveOn.org, with whom Mr. Obama has been shown to be affiliated.
In a classroom setting, nine children, no doubt feeling privileged to be included in a “TV” production, presented ten objectives for American progress
The video, found on YouTube, is called “Contract for the American Dream”, and produced by MoveOn.org. What is so ironic about this is the fact that there is already a Contract with America for a dream: The dream is “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”. The agenda being presented is far from constitutionally sound; and It appears that neither the children nor their parents are aware of it. Secondly, they are, I’m certain, quite unaware that all of the points are part of the Communist Manifesto. The ten key points to MoveOn.org objectives are listed below with the corresponding point from the Communist Manifesto following.
1. Invest in Infrastructure. From the Communist manifesto we read, “Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.”—State, meaning national government. Infrastructure is not listed as an enumerated duty of the Federal government except as it pertains to post roads. An argument could be made to say roads that assist in postal carry could be partially justified on the Federal level. But there are arguments against that as well. For the most part, it is a right of the states to develop their own infrastructure. Article I Section 10 does not forbid it, but the Federal Government is limited by the 9th and 10th Amendments to only those duties in Article I, Sec. 8.
2. The Federal government should create jobs—and ‘green’ ones to boot. Our history of innovation was outstanding because creative minds were left to create as they dreamed, not as the government dictated. That is what a free market society is. This goal echoes the Communist Manifesto, “[that] the proletariat will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralize all instruments of production in the hands of the state. [Emphasis added]”
3. We should INVEST in public education: The Communist Manifesto claims there should be “free education for all children in public schools…”
4. There needs to be uniform health care—specifically “Medicare for all”. Vladimir Lenin said, “Socialized medicine is the keystone in the arch of the Socialized State.” He later implemented such a public institution.
5. Right to assemble and “work is equal opportunity for all”. Note the careful phrasing of this sentence. The Communist Manifesto stipulates that there must be “equal obligation of all to work”.
6., 7, & 8. Remove the cap on social security tax; realign tax brackets and make the rich pay more; and tax “Wall Street”, respectively. The Communist Manifesto stipulates the government should produce “a heavy progressive or graduated income tax”. Moreover, it clarifies that, “the proletariat will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralize all instruments of production in the hands of the state.”
9. We should prohibit companies from having any political say. Note that number 5 above is a mandate by MoveOn.org (on behalf of this administration?) to support unions. Why should they have power to entice workers —and I use that term with great latitude, (think: uniform “block vote”) — then forbid companies a voice? There seems to be a lack of checks and balances here. To the video’s statement that public persuasion should be reserved to “Americans, not companies,” we could argue tit for tat: “Americans not unions”, then. Their goal goes against the Founding Fathers who believed factions were an imperative to liberty, but that their power needed to be checked. James Madison said factions were integral to liberty as a form of freedom of speech.
10. The video argues a need to protect and renew “Democracy…elections for all, and a pathway to citizenship.” We are a Republic, not a Democracy. A Democracy is nationalistic. We are a Federation. –A huge difference. To the point is the irony of an organization that has been sanctioned for election and campaign violations to speak of fair elections, as in the video. We see echoes of their previous objectives in the joining of these two intentions: “elections of all”, and a “path to citizenship”. MoveOn.org has been implicated in more than one illegal or fraudulent election. We have a “path to citizenship” already. It is called immigration and naturalization law
The Humanist Manifesto, the work of John Dewey, who was claimed as the foremost genius of our modern public school system, is eerily similar to the Communist Manifesto, in supporting the ideals of the latter. Both desired to achieve their mandate through the public school system, away from parents, of which the video seems to be evidence.
Sadly, since there is such a gulf of ignorance on the Constitution, most parents and the public will gloss over this video as innocent because the innocent is presenting it. It is another tragic irony that we have become so gullible from our ignorance, yet our friends from former Communist countries look on with jaws dropped and eyes fixed and dilated from stunned dismay that after so many years of fighting Communism we may be on the brink of embracing it.
Bio: Sheryl Devereaux is a prolific writer and researcher, speaker, and radio commentator on the Constitution and public policy. You can listen to her show, Foundation of a Nation on allfiredupradio.net or find her on facebook and twitter @sheryldevereaux.