With the recent state-provided funding for the purpose of upgrading and automating voter check-in with electronic pollbook solutions, many counties are now evaluating their options. 14 counties are now taking advantage of these funds to implement the ES&S ExpressPoll system, including Clermont, Warren and Lorain Counties. The company’s three decades of experience in Ohio has allowed it to advance the ExpressPoll far beyond its competitor’s.
Facts at a glance:
- 27 counties in Ohio have implemented the ExpressPoll system, streamlining their voter check-in.
- New implementations include Clermont, Warren, Lorain, Lawrence and Wood Counties among others.
- Richland County has used the ExpressPoll family of products for eight years.
- The ExpressPoll system can program AccuVote-TSX Voter Access Cards, iVotronic PEB’s and ExpressVote Activation Cards.
- Integral data storage redundancy ensures counties always have voter data back-ups. Working in conjunction with a microSD card, this storage ensures important Voter History data is available once polls close.
“We have used the Express Poll Book system in Richland County for the past eight years with great success.” remarked Paulette Hankins, Richland County’s Director of Elections. “It was a very easy process to train our Poll Workers, and we were especially pleased with the elimination of any poll worker error in determining which ballot style to issue to the voters.”
The ability to program Voter Access Cards is crucial in Ohio. Paul Adams, Director of the Lorain County Board of Elections has even stated, “The ability for the ES&S ExpressPolls to ensure accuracy by encoding Voter Access cards for the AccuVote-TSX voting units made them stand out among many of their other competitors.”
Hankins also added, “Our staff was impressed with the reduction of man hours to upload the voter history after the Election. Instead of taking up to 3 weeks to enter the voter history manually or by use of a wand, using the Express Poll upload system reduced that time to approximately 2 hours.”
ES&S is committed to providing streamlined voter check-in solutions to Ohio. Many of these counties, such as Lorain, have long desired to implement the ExpressPoll as the cost savings, ease of use and improved accuracy provided by the system are true technology winners.
ABOUT ES&S: Election Systems and Software, LLC (ES&S) is the world’s largest elections-only company, providing election equipment and services for nearly 35 years. ES&S serves 42 states and more than 2,400 of the 3,144 county-level governments across the United States. Learn more about ES&S at http://www.essvote.com and on Facebook at facebook.com/essvote.