By FatWallet, Special for USDR
FatWallet.com, the savings resource for millions of online deal hunters, launches their annual Labor Day deals aggregator featuring a precursor for many of the items on sale in the month of September. The early holiday sales events kick-off clearance events for summer clothing and school supplies, as well as deep discounts big-ticket items like major appliances, mattress sets and lawn and garden equipment. Labor Day sales offer a savings ranging from 20-80% on a variety of items for personal and home use as retailers use September to make space for holiday merchandise.
“Those choosing to spend this holiday weekend with family and friends versus go shopping need not worry as many Labor Daysales events extend beyond Monday,” stated Brent Shelton, online shopping export with FatWallet.com. “Online deal sites like FatWallet.com will aggregate extended sales and coupons to help shoppers quickly vet out the best savings available well into September.”
10 Best Things to Buy in September:
- With most schools in session, back-to-school clearance events featuring additional price drops on student laptops, backpacks, school supplies and kids clothing with average savings of 25% or more versus sales events in August and July.
- Smart phone deals flood the market from all mobile carriers and cell phone brands as new Apple iPhones and other Android phones arrive in early September, offering a great time to save on device upgrades at near $0 additional cost.
- Wait for late in September for the deeper discounts on jackets/hoodies, long sleeve tops, work boots and denim, offering one of the best times of year to save 50% or more on quality name-brand jeans for the whole family.
- Summer clothing clearance meets Labor Day sales head on resulting in 50-75% off retail pricing on t-shirts, shorts, sandals, swimwear and sunglasses with many items at their lowest prices of the year.
- Many Labor Day sales feature items bundled with store gift cards, especially for older video game consoles and 4K TVswhere prices have bottomed out. The additional gift card allows for same store savings later during holiday shopping.
- September is prime “shoulder season” when overall traveling is less active, so travel deals come down in price as much as 50% less than summer travel creating a prime time to book holiday travel this month, when prices are low and more options are available.
- Following Labor Day weekend, lawn equipment clearance excels offering the year’s best discounts starting at $50-150 off regular prices on most mowers, including cordless lithium powered push mowers and cordless trimmers, edgers, and hedgers.
- Post-Labor Day sales feature deep discounts on garden supplies and tools with savings ranging from 20-50% off a variety of items, including hoes, tillers, hoses, sprayers, containers, soils and fertilizers.
- Last year’s appliances and mattress sets come down in price in September with stocking of new models with savings up to 60% off representing the lowest prices we’ll see until Black Friday.
- Big box and home improvement retailers offer average discounts of 20-30% off a large selection of above-ground poolsand wooden swing sets (some 30-50% off). Metal and plastic swing sets can reach 50% off.
About: FatWallet is a smart resource for millions of online and mobile shoppers to find and share thousands of current coupons and deals from more than 2,000 retailers, like Kohl’s, Amazon, Walmart and Ebay. The much-celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online and mobile marketplace where the savviest deal hunters in the world gather to share and learn about ways to save money on everyday needs, wants and personal finance decisions.