There is nothing quite as light and refreshing as the best Italian appetizers! Sampling the many Italian recipes is pure joy and if you are looking for a few such amazing recipes that you could make in a moment’s time. Mixing and matching these recipes could make the combination desirous with each bite. These recipes make use of some of the traditional Italian snacks that can easily be bought online.
Most best Italian appetizers are so incredibly tasty that one might not even make it to the pasta course that comes after the appetizer course.
Two very yummy recipes that you might like to try as you buy some Italian snacks online from authentically Italian stores are:
- Croutons – Croutons is essentially a piece of sauteed or rebaked bread, that comes in a cubed shape that is seasoned well. Commonly croutons are used to some texture and exorbitant amounts of flavor to salads, soups and stews, or eaten just as a snack. The word crouton itself comes from a French word which means crust. Although they are shaped in a cube, they come in many sizes.
There are many recipes that croutons can be used in other than salads, stews and soups. Here is a recipe that you would truly appreciate.
Roasted Halibut with Fennel & Croutons
List of Ingredients
- 2 large bulbs of fennel that is haved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps of chopped feathery green tops
- 3 tbsps of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 fillets of anchovies – minced
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- Fresh salt and ground pepper
- Four half pounds of skinless halibut
- Firstly, preheat the oven to six hundred degrees. Then in a baking dish, toss the sliced fennel along with 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil and the chopped anchovies and fennel seeds. Season it with enough salt and pepper all over it. Roast it for 15 minutes and stir it after 10 minutes until it is tender and has begun to brown.
- Next, set the halibut on the fennel and season it with salt and pepper. Then sprinkle the croutons over the fish and roast it for about 8 minutes and the fish is cooked through and the croutons placed on them are crisp and warm. Then sprinkle the chopped fennel tops on the halibut and serve it.
- Biscotti – Another name for biscotti is cantucci that means Italian almond biscuits. They are essentially twice cooked and come in an oblong shape. They are dry in texture and crunchy, perfect to be dipped in a drink.
Sun-Dried Tomato Biscotti with Basil Cheese & Cream Toppings
- Quarter cup of sun-dried tomato
- 3 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
- Quarter tsps of salt
- One eighth of a tsp of garlic powder & ground cayenne pepper
- 4 ounce of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tbsps of freshly chopped basil leaves
- A dash of garlic
- Quarter cup of crumbled goat’s cheese
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water and place sun dried tomatoes and leave it covered for five minutes and drain it after. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of the water & chop the tomatoes finely.
- Gently heat up the biscotti until it is crisp and then in a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, basil, garlic powder and spread it on top of the biscotti and sprinkle some goat’s cheese on top with sundried tomatoes.
Try these two recipes and you’ll have the best appetizers to serve at your dinner parties. Your guests will love these.