By NCPPR, Special for USDR
The paper, “Top Ten Reasons Washington Should Not Impose New Global Warming Laws or Regulations,” explains, among other things:
- The Earth hasn’t warmed since the Clinton Administration;
- New global warming laws and regulations harm people, and harm lower-income and minorities disproportionately;
- U.S. energy-related CO2 emissions already fell 12.6 percent between 2005 and 2012, while worldwide emissions went up 17.7 percent during the same period;
- The climate models upon which President Obama’s belief in human-caused catastrophic global warming is based do not work – since 1979, over 96 percent of climate models predicted more warming by now than has taken place;
- Claims that 97 percent of scientists endorse the global warming theory are propaganda.
“President Obama is going to hurt the American people today,” said Amy Ridenour, author of the paper and chairman of the National Center for Public Policy Research. “Jobs will be lost and electricity prices will rise, and it’s all for nothing. Even if the alarmist position on global warming were to turn out to be true – and it hasn’t been coming true – the most optimistic case is that President Obama’s regulations would have a negligible impact on global warming. So why does he insist on doing this?”
“I wrote a top ten list of reasons why Washington should not impose new global warming regulations or laws,” Ridenour added. “But it could easily have been a top twenty or thirty. Maybe I’ll write a sequel.”
The National Center for Public Policy Research, founded in 1982, is a non-partisan, free-market, independent conservative think-tank. Ninety-four percent of its support comes from individuals, three percent from foundations, and three percent from corporations. It receives over 350,000 individual contributions a year from over 96,000 active recent contributors.