By Coptic Solidarity, Special for USDR.
The graphic confirmation yesterday of the barbaric beheadings of twenty-one Coptic Christian hostages by Islamic State terrorists lays bare the plight of the Middle East’s largest non-Muslim community, and demands a forceful and sustained response from world leaders. The murders come after a plight that extended for six weeks and that witnessed desperate and repeated appeals of families of the victims to save their loved ones.
Copts stand at the frontline of global Jihad against all those whom are deemed as non-believers. Last week, the Islamic State’s magazine Dabiq included an article attacking “the Coptic Crusaders.” The article concluded with a call to kill Copts anywhere: “Finally, it is important for Muslims everywhere to know that there is no doubt in the great reward to be found on Judgment Day for those who spill the blood of these Coptic crusaders wherever they may be found…”
Coptic Solidarity and the Coptic people condemn in the strongest possible terms these genocidal massacres by the Islamic State and the international Jihadist movement of which they are a part. This outrage cannot be allowed to continue and no effort should be spared in stopping the perpetrators of these grotesque attacks and bringing them to justice.
In response to these heinous acts, Coptic Solidarity:
- Calls on the international community to indict this jihadist ideology and equate it to a genocidal ideology.
- Calls on the UN Security Council to form an international tribunal to investigate and indict the terrorist groups involved in the massacre and bring them to justice.
- Calls on the US and NATO, as well as Russia to assist Egypt in destroying the war criminal jihadists in Libya and in Egypt.
- Calls on the Egyptian Government, Libyan authorities, UN, NATO and EU to mount an immediate joint evacuation effort to extract Egyptians, particularly the endangered Copts in Libya, back to Egypt.
- Urges EU members, US, Canada, and Australia to take all measures to protect Coptic communities, including churches and institutions from potential jihadi terrorist attacks.
Furthermore, Coptic Solidarity repeats its demands for Copts to be afforded full rights as equal citizens.
Coptic Solidarity extends its deepest condolences to the friends and families of the deceased.