By US Daily Review Staff.
ShopAtHome.com, the largest coupon search engine that connects upwards of 12 million consumers each month to the best deals and cash back savings, today released its first Buy-havior Report. The report, which tracks consumer search habits on the site, found that when consumers search for online coupons and savings, 62 percent searched for store-centric deals, 24 percent for product-specific coupons, while only 14 percent search specifically for brand name product discounts online.
Nearly half of U.S. consumers – 88.2 million – will use online coupons and codes during 2012, according to a recent analysis done by eMarketer. By the end of 2013, 96.8 million U.S. adults will have used such discounts. With over 18,000 retailers and a 110 percent cash back guarantee, ShopAtHome.com delivers the most effective shopping experience by combining all savings tools in one online destination – saving these consumers time and money.
“Consumers are really creatures of habit when it comes to looking for coupons – they go where they know they can consistently find the best deals,” said Marc Braunstein, co-founder and CEO of ShopAtHome.com. “At ShopAtHome.com, we make it easy for people to find these deals, regardless of what they are looking for, by showing them the best coupons from the widest variety of retailers and brands.”
An analysis of the Buy-havior Report shows the following:
- Savvy spenders are creatures of habit: 73 percent of consumers using ShopAtHome.com used it between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., regardless of the day of the week. Only 18 percent used it after 6:00 p.m.
- “Toilet paper” was the most-searched term on the site and has been for the past two months.
- Consumers are more likely to be searching for deals on items they consistently buy. Half of the top ten searched terms were for consumable goods like toilet paper, laundry detergent, coffee and butter.
- Following toilet paper, “laundry detergent” was the next highest search, with 16,307 consumers looking for online savings.
- Animal lovers were equally fond of discounts, with 13,120 of online coupon and savings searches done for pet food and supplies.
- Of the 62 percent of consumers looking for store-centric savings, Wal-Mart was the most-searched for retailer followed by Kohl’s and Target respectively.
- Sony was the most-searched for brand out of the 14 percent of consumers searching for brand names. It was searched three times more than the next brand on the list: Swiffer.
- New York City residents used the site most followed by Houston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Denver respectively.
- The average ShopAtHome.com user receives $41 in cash back per month. As much as 10,000 checks are mailed out each month to users.
According to a statement, “ShopAtHome.com differentiates itself from other coupon sites with its cash back incentives. Unlike coupons, which are provided by the retailers, all of the cash back offers on ShopAtHome.com come directly from the site itself and show up right alongside the coupons. To make things even easier for shoppers, last month, ShopAtHome.com launched its free Coupon Codes Plus app for the iPad. The app lets consumers shop for the best possible price at over 18,000 retailers, as well as offering some exclusive app-only deals.”