By Republican Main Street Partnership, Special for USDR
The members of the Republican Main Street Partnership achieved impressive victories last night, proving again that Main Street Republicans are the best general election candidates in heavily contested districts, even running well ahead of the top of the ticket in some cases. The two-decade old Republican Main Street Partnership represents nearly 80 members of Congress in the governing wing of the Republican Party. (www.rmsp.org)
Impressive victories for our members included:
- First-time candidate Don Bacon (NE-02), who defeated incumbent Democratic Rep. Brad Ashford
- Rep. Barbara Comstock (VA-10), who outperformed the GOP ticket by 10%.
- Rep. Carlos Curbelo (FL-26), who won reelection in a majority-minority district
- Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (FL-25), who won reelection in a majority-minority district.
- First-time candidate Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-08), who outperformed the GOP ticket by 10%.
- Rep. John Katko (NY-24), who outperformed the GOP ticket by 22%.
- Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL-27), who won reelection in a majority-minority district.
- Rep. Erik Paulsen (MN-03), who outperformed the GOP ticket by 10%.
The Republican Main Street Partnership also welcomes its newest Senate members, who were victorious in their reelection bids last night:
Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO)
Senator Rob Portman (R-OH)
Senator-Elect Todd Young (IN), who defeated former Governor and Senator Evan Bayh and was a Main Street Member in the U.S. House.
“Tonight’s victories, in a triumphant year for the GOP, prove again that Main Street’s approach is the best way to win Republican majorities in the purple and blue states and districts of our nation,” said Sarah Chamberlain, President and CEO of the Republican Main Street Partnership.
“Our members are excited to work with President-elect Trump and we all heeded the message of unity. The message from the voters last night is that the governing elements of both parties must cooperate to find solutions to the problems that confront so many Americans. Main Street’s members stand ready to work with the new President on issues including – finally – repealing and replacing Obamacare, tax and regulatory reform as well as measures to fix our crumbling infrastructure, end the epidemic of drug abuse, and improve mental health care.
“We all heard the call from Donald Trump in the early hours this morning and stand ready to help move this nation forward under his leadership,” Chamberlain concluded.
SOURCE Republican Main Street Partnership