By Killerapps.tv, Special for US Daily Review.
Brett Larson, Technology and Trends Expert and host of “Killer Apps“, visited the set of nationally syndicated “The Daily Buzz” TV series and offered advice on the best tech bets for the holidays and the must-have mobile apps! To view the segments online or to get more information on the featured technology, visit www.killerapps.tv.
Some of the featured must-have mobile apps and top tech ideas for the Holidays 2011 were:
- Amazon Mobile is a free shopping app for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 7 devices. Amazon Mobile allows customers to quickly search, shop, scan barcodes to compare prices, and read reviews. Customers can purchase using Amazon’s secure checkout process, 1-Click® ordering and Amazon Prime shipping benefits. www.amazon.com/apps
- GroupMe allows you to stay connected with groups of people through text messaging or the GroupMe mobile apps. The product allows you to message multiple friends or contacts at once, share photos, or conference call across a group of people. GroupMe is really simple to use for anyone with a cellphone. www.GroupMe.com
- The Echo smartpen from Livescribe records everything you hear and write – whether words, diagrams, symbols or doodles, so you never miss a word. Simply tap on your handwritten notes with the smartpen to play back what was said at the exact moment in time. www.livescribe.com
- Stories come alive with the V.Reader Interactive E-Reading System! Children take a journey into a world of imagination while developing the necessary building blocks to grow into a confident and fluent reader. The V.Reader comes pre-loaded with a storybook and fun applications such as Photo Viewer, Video Player and art activities. www.vtechkids.com
- The Kyocera Milano is perfect for anyone wanting to make the jump to a smartphone. Milano has the power of Android in a compact, easy to use form factor with both a touchscreen and a slide-out QWERTY keypad. http://www.kyocera-wireless.com
- MagnoGrip’s Magnetic Wristband – crafted from durable ballistic polyester and embedded with strategically placed magnets, the band is ideal for holding nails, drill bits, fasteners, wrenches and small tools. www.magnogrip.com
- LG’s LW5300 CINEMA 3D Entertainment Bundles combine a top-notch LG CINEMA 3D HDTV, LG 3D-capable Blu-ray player and four pairs of comfortable and stylish 3D glasses, for an all-in-one package that’s sure to be a hit this holiday season. www.LG.com
- TiVo Premiere is the world’s first Smart DVR, giving families access to all their favorite cable TV shows plus virtually endless web entertainment from big brands like Netflix, Pandora, Hulu Plus, BLOCKBUSTER, Amazon Instant Video and more. www.tivo.com
- Tagg –The Pet Tracker uses advanced GPS technology to locate a pet’s whereabouts and will notify a pet owner via text and email if their pet wanders outside of the designated “safe zone.” www.PetTracker.com
- Corkcicle Voted the 2011 Best New Product, Corkcicle is a new and innovative wine chiller that will keep your white wines cold and chill your room temperature reds down to a more suitable drinking temperature. www.corkcicle.com
- Silk’n SensEpil & FaceFX provides some breakthrough do-it-yourself beauty lasers such as the FaceFX anti-aging treatment to iron away your wrinkles, or SensEpil, a permanent hair removal solution for the face and body. www.silkn.com
For information about these featured products and more, visit www.killerapps.tv