Juno account enables a user to download their emails from other accounts as long as they are supported by the POP3 protocol and this includes many businesses, schools and other institutions. It is among the best email service providers and this is evident in the billions of people who use this service globally. This article contains basic information about a Juno account and it will help you figure your way around using a Juno account. Read on to find out more.
How to set up a Juno account
There are many email service providers available in the market and Juno is one of them. You can easily access your Juno account from different devices as long as there is an internet connection. The simplest way to set up a Juno email account is to;
- Open the settings app and under it select add account in the ’add account’ section.
- Select email.
- Add in your Juno account login details such as the preferred username and password.
- Choose the POP server and enter details about the server port and SSL.
- Click on the next button to complete setting up the Juno account.
- You can then customize the name of your Juno account as well as the picture identification that will appear on your account
- Click on the finish icon to complete the process of setting up your account.
How to link an external account
Linking your Juno account to an external account facilitates the download and reading of your messages that are sent to the external account through your Juno account. You must however ensure that the external account is compatible with the POP3 protocol before adding it to your Juno account. To add an external account;
- On the options menu click link to external account under the email preferences section.
- Click on add account.
- Type the external email account you want to link to in the dialogue box that pops up.
- Under POP3 user information, add your username details to facilitate login to the server as well as the appropriate password. You can check the ‘remember my password’ check box to enable Juno to retain your password details so that you can log in easily the next time.
- Provide the host name of your external account in the POP3 server information.
- The port number box that comes up next requires one to enter the details of the port number that is used by the POP3 server.
- Click okay and a window will appear that shows the external account in the list of linked accounts. You should ensure that the external email account is enabled so that Juno is able to check for new messages.
By following the above procedure, you are able to link your accounts to your Juno account. The messages on the external account will be brought up every time you download your emails on the Juno account. It is also possible to edit and update the information provided.
Advantages of having a Juno account
· Mobile and web access
A Juno account enables one to access the web from any mobile device or a computer as long as it is connected to the internet.
· Multiple addresses
It allows a user to create multiple addresses and all these arefree.
· Spam and virus protection
Juno accounts blocks all the spam messages you get and helps in the protection against a virusattack.
Do you keep your account when you change service providers?
You can always retain your Juno account when you change service providers. You will find out that the email is still active and it is receiving messages which can be accessed by visiting Juno’s my account website which is free. All you need to have is your login details as well as the password. It is also possible for you to link your Juno account to your device such that you have unlimited access to the account without paying premiums.