Editor’s Note: One of our favorite features in a publication is “Seven Days” from Bloomberg Businessweek. It gives the reader an excellent overview of dates that matter to business, not just in the US but around the world. Also, it is not merely business news, but also a health dose of what is going on in government and politics. You can now find an expanded version of that unique feature at BusinessWeek.com:
- Summer Davos:The World Economic Forum hosts its annual Asia meeting in Dalian, China.
- Greece inspection:The EU and IMF are scheduled to restart their review of Greek state finances.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Gala: President Obama and the First Lady are among the expected guests at the annual gathering in Washington.
- Boehner plan:House Speaker John Boehner presents the GOP’s job-creation ideas to the Economic Club of Washington.
- Parliamentary elections in Denmark.
- FAA shutdown redux: The short-term deal to extend the Federal Aviation Administration’s operations after a partial shutdown in August is set to expire.
- Elections in Latvia: The former Soviet Republic’s Russian minority may join the government for the first time since independence after a referendum to dissolve Parliament passed in July.
- Prime-time Emmys:HBO’s Mildred Pierce, starring Kate Winslet, leads the field with 21 nominations at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences annual awards.
- Terry Fox Run: Thousand of runners across Canada commemorate Terry Fox’s 1980 attempt to run across the country to raise awareness for cancer research.
Want more calendar and details? Visit Bloomberg Business Week.