By SMI, Special for USDR
Leading innovator in virtual reality SensoMotoric Instruments (SMI) has today unveiled a modified Samsung Gear VR that makes mobile VR with eye tracking commercially available for the first time.
The SMI Mobile Eye Tracking HMD meets the needs of a wide range of professional and scientific sectors including:
- Market Research: Get valuable shopper insight from virtual shops and product packaging quickly and easily with SMI Mobile ET-HMD.
- Academic Research: Perform spatial cognition research and task dependent perception analysis in fully-controlled visual immersion.
- Training Solutions: Improve performance such as situational awareness in sports training with professional athletes.
- Sales and Sales Training: Know the difference between product features and genuinely “eye catching features”.
Launching the product on the eve of Laval Virtual in France, SMI Product Manager Dr Arnd Rose said: “For these markets and beyond, the value of this product is of knowing exactly what people are looking at in an environment you control. The SMI Mobile Eye Tracking HMD makes manipulating those environments and collating valuable eye tracking data easier than ever.”
Jakub Kasper, the head of Market Research service firm Constat, said he sees a need for SMI Mobile ET-HMD within his customer base.
“Easily changing research scenarios within a virtual environment and harnessing the power of the eye tracking data will benefit my clients, which include leading market research firms,” he said.
SMI is the gold standard for eye tracking with slip compensation and instant calibration on a platform proven with more than 150,000 participants.
The SMI Mobile ET-HMD is sold complete with a Samsung Gear VR HMD that has eye tracking professionally integrated by SMI. It comes with a modified Samsung Galaxy smart phone with eye tracking software and SDK pre-installed; as well as optional application packages.
Application packages include the SMI Mobile Eye Tracking HMD Observation, for qualitative live observation and recording of visual behavior in virtual environments; and the SMI Mobile Eye Tracking HMD Analysis Pro, which provides easy analytics of gaze and other data with SMI’s acclaimed BeGaze analysis software suite.
– Cross reference: Picture is available at AP Images (http://www.apimages.com ) –
SensoMotoric Instruments (SMI) has been a world leader in eye tracking technology for 25 years, developing and marketing eye & gaze tracking systems for scientists and professionals, as well as OEM and medical solutions for a wide range of applications. Find out more at http://www.smivision.com. Follow @SMIeyetracking on Facebook,Flickr, YouTube and Twitter.
SOURCE SensoMotoric Instruments GmbH (SMI)