By Epson, Special for USDR
Epson today redefined the fine art reproduction space with the introduction of a no-compromise printer engineered for true high-production of virtually any photographic imaging application – the new 64-inch SureColor® P20000 printer. Successor to the renowned Epson Stylus® Pro 11880, the SureColor P20000 leverages an enhanced PrecisionCore® MicroTFP® print head, newly developed media feeding system, and reformulated Epson UltraChrome® PRO nine-color pigment ink system featuring four-level gray technology to provide unmatched print quality and unparalleled production speeds for professional photographers, fine art reproduction and display graphics printers.
“Epson is focused on creating printing solutions that provide the quality, performance and reliability that our customers have grown to expect,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Epson Professional Imaging, Epson America. “The Sure Color P20000 is designed to do just that and pushes the boundaries of previous fine art and photographic printing capabilities with advanced print head technology and all-new ink technology designed to output exceptional image quality at incredibly fast speeds, while keeping operation costs and overhead at a minimum.”
The SureColor P20000 features an all-new, high-performance 10-channel PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head to deliver output up to 2.8-times faster2 than previous Epson models for true production-level printing without sacrificing print quality. The PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head measures 2.64-inches and is capable of printing at extremely high resolutions up to 2,400 x 1,200 dpi. Combined with the new Epson UltraChrome PRO nine-color pigment ink system, the SureColor P20000 provides outstanding color and black density. Epson UltraChrome PRO is the first pigment ink set to feature four-levels of gray ink technology, including Gray, Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black pigments to provide seamless transitions with less visible noise and reduced bronzing for superior grayscale output. In addition, the SureColor P20000 utilizes improved Resin Encapsulation Technology for output with superior gloss uniformity, and exceptional overall contrast ratio and clarity.
More About the SureColor P20000
The SureColor P20000 high-production printer introduces several new features, including:
- Epson PrecisionCore MicroTFP Print Head Technology: Ten-channel print head offers high-performance and consistency to deliver high-production, high-quality output. Supports variable size ink droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters for remarkable print quality. New enhancements include Nozzle Verification Technology and automatic nozzle cleaning without the use of additional media.
- Epson UltraChrome PRO Inks: UltraChrome PRO inks utilize the first four-level gray ink technology to produce outstanding grayscale prints. New Yellow pigment formulation for up to twice the overall print permanence and longevity when compared with previous generation ink set. Individual ink cartridges up to 700 ml enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability. The SureColor P20000 is designed exclusively for use with Epson ink cartridges.1
- Advanced Black & White Printing Technology: Utilizes a four-level black system to optimize black & white print quality and a unique screening algorithm for producing professional black & white prints. Dedicated Photo Black and Matte Black channels support automatic real-time black Ink type switching.
- New Advanced Media Feeding System: Featuring all-new CMOS sensors, the SureColor P20000 captures photographs from the back side of the media in real-time and incorporates a pattern recognition algorithm to ensure accurate and precise media placement. In addition, new inductive rollers automatically load cut sheet media without a skew and protect media from scratches throughout the printing process.
- Advanced Cut Sheet Media Handling: Ideal for softer fine art papers, such as the Epson Legacy Paper line, the SureColor P20000 supports accurate cut sheet media loading for 13″ x 19″ up to 64″ wide. In addition, the SureColor P20000 supports straight-through poster board media up to 1.5mm thick from 17″ to 64″ wide. Border Free printing is also supported for a variety of media sizes.
- Internal Print Server: A secure, internal 320GB print server boosts workgroup productivity by quickly transferring print jobs to free-up workstations; adds print queue management, as well as print job save and reprint functionality.
- Optional True Adobe® Postscript® 3™ Hardware Engine: Optional Postscript engine available for $1199.95 enables direct and hot-folder batch printing and support for secure PDF printing; and is fully compatible with the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software suites.
- Optional Auto Take-up Reel System: User-installable and intended for unsupervised production of large print runs with roll-to-roll requirements; available for $1,295*.
The Epson SureColor P20000 will be on display at the West Coast Art and Frame, Jan. 25-27, 2016 at the Paris Hotel and Casino inLas Vegas in Epson’s booth (#115).
Pricing, Support and Availability
The Epson SureColor P20000 will be available in March for an estimated $11,995 (MSRP) through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. The Epson SureColor P20000 offers a standard Epson PreferredSM Limited Warranty, a two-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson Preferred Plus service plans are available that cover both the hardware and software for up to one additional year. For additional information, contact your local dealer or visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 72,000 employees in 93 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
1 Each printer is designed to use only EPSON ink cartridges and no other brands of new or refilled cartridges, or other brands of ink or bulk ink systems. Using EPSON cartridges is important for reliable performance and high image quality. Epson offers voluntary recycling of spent ink cartridges.
2 All print speeds shown are based on bi-directional print engine speed only. Total throughput times depend upon such factors as front-end RIP, file size, printer resolution, ink coverage, and networking, etc.
Note: EPSON, PrecisionCore, SureColor, Epson Stylus, MicroTFP, and UltraChrome are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Epson Preferred is a servicemark of Epson America, Inc. Adobe and PostScript are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.